Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Rewind.....

One of my friends recently said to me, "I'm going to need you to put yourself on rewind and tell me about the trip."

It seems that settling back into our daily life has taken some effort this time. It is obvious to me that the priorities between the American and Liberian cultures are dramatically different and the instant transition back to our hectic lifestyle is a difficult one. Thus, the delay in updating this site.


Since there are many that are interested in our efforts in Liberia, I'd like to "rewind" and and use this site to tell stories about our experiences, introduce you to people and children that we've learned to love along the way and share with you how God has and will continue to change and mold us into people that know His voice, listen to it and then move in obedience. I'm hoping that the team will also allow me to share some of their personal stories of transformation.

I don't know the name of the child in this photo, but the little boy represents all of the children we saw through the streets of Monrovia. We've come to understand that the children in the orphanages are the "lucky" ones. Those on the streets are the ones without school, food or sometimes shelter.

The photos below give you a flavor of the scenes throughout the country. While there is economic progress, most of the country still looks like this. What's amazing is that I see beauty through the trash and destruction. It takes awhile to get to this point, but the beauty lies within Liberia in it's people.

So, more to come...





No comments: